Opened in 1932, the current course layout has evolved over many years to be one of Auckland's premier golfing experiences.
In 1998 modifications to four holes were carried out under the guidance of New Zealand professional Greg Turner.
In 2003 the club approached well known golf course architect Chris Pitman to design a full course plan. This was accepted by the members and work commenced with the 11th hole in 2005 followed by the 13th hole in 2006.
The changes incorporate his philosophy that a course should create challenges for all levels of golfers whilst ensuring that all golfers will enjoy their "Walk in the Park".